This approximately 10 session class (set to student's pace) will introduce you to a wide variety of decorative sewing and quilting techniques. The finished quilt will be 61" x 83". You will experience many different feet and utilize a wide variety of decorative stitches and threads on the sewing machine. You can choose to join this ongoing class at any time - or we can notify you before our next series of the class begins.
A few of the techniques used include:
* TWIN and WING needles
* BOBBINWORK has been stepped up for more challenges on the flower and leaves using not only #5 Perle cotton but an 1/8" polyester satin ribbon.
* TWISTED floss in front of the needle on vines.
* FRINGE or TAILOR TACK foot is used around one of the centers for a looped edging.
* COUCHING rick rack and 1/8" ribbon adds another dimension to the blocks.
* CIRCULAR attachment is used to create a flower and border.
* RUFFLER is a new foot being featured to create three flowers.
* BINDER foot is another new foot being featured not to bind the quilt but to add an
accent edge to the corner triangles and the edge of the binding.
You can choose to join this ongoing class at any time - or we can notify you before our next series of the class begins. Upcoming dates include a Wednesday series and a Saturday series.